This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
These 13 household uses for lemon are so cool! Perhaps you have a lemon tree in your yard with too lemons to know what to do with, or you have some lemons about to go bad, or you may have used a lemon for a recipe and are about to toss the remaining contents.
Here are 13 awesome household uses for lemon:
- To sanitize and remove stains on your cutting board
- To remove mildew and stains from your shower curtain
- To eliminate odors
- Put a slice down your sink and run your garbage disposal. It will freshen up your sink and smells great!
- Remove an ink stain by making a paste of cream of tartar and lemon juice
- To clean aluminum and brass – use with cream of tartar or baking soda
- To clean your cheese grater – just grate a lemon slice
- Combine with hot water and honey to soothe a sore throat
- To clean glass
- To soothe bug bites and stings
- Mix with 2 cups warm water and pour over your hair to get rid of dandruff
- Rub a slice under your fingernails to whiten them
- For natural blonde highlights, put lemon juice in your hair and sit out in the sun
- Make homemade limoncello – This is a yearly holiday tradition for us and makes a great gift for family and friends.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.