This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
I love this garlic herb pizza dough recipe! And I just love making homemade pizzas! I’ve been using my portable wood-fired pizza oven which makes the bests pizzas ever.
This garlic herb pizza dough gives your pizza more flavor than regular dough for something different. You can use fresh or dried herbs, whichever you have.
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons instant active dry yeast (I add mine to the warm water to ferment for about 10 minutes before adding to mixture)
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon organic salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups high-gluten flour (high gluten flour is key for pizza making)
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl or mixer. I use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer with the dough hook on level 2 speed.
- Once the dough forms into a nice ball, add to a bowl with a little bit of olive oil then place a towel over the bowl. Place in a warm (but not heated) place to rise. I put mine in the oven (NOT TURNED ON). I usually let my dough rise for at least 45 minutes, but 20 minutes should be all the time it needs.
- Once ready, add the dough to a lightly floured surface. To make thin crust pizza, separate the dough into 2 equal parts. Make 2 pizzas or freeze the other one for later. For thicker crust, use the entire dough for one pizza.
- Kneed the dough into a nice circle (about 12-14 inches).
- Add the ready to cook dough to a pizza pan or baking sheet. For the thicker crust, cook the dough alone at 450 for 4 minutes. Then take it out, add your toppings and cook for an additional 15 minutes. For the thin crust (my favorite), do not pre-cook the dough, just add toppings and cook at 450 for 10-15 minutes. I cook mine for the full 15 minutes because I like it crispy and the cheese somewhat brown.
To use your portable pizza oven, check out this post:
Learn how to make perfect hard-boiled eggs.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.