This post may contain affiliate links.
Who loves muffins? I do! My kids do as well. I love anything with lavender and I think it goes well with the bananas and blueberries! What is great about this recipe is that there are ways to modify it to make it healthier. For example, I use honey instead of sugar and coconut oil instead of canola oil. You can use gluten free flours as well and really make this recipe your own!
Here is the recipe for banana blueberry lavender muffins:
What you need: (makes 12 muffins)
- 1 and 3/4 cups organic flour
- 1 cup sugar or sweetener of choice (I use 1/2 cup organic honey instead)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-2 teaspoons dried lavender – food grade (depending on how much lavender flavor you desire)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup milk or dairy alternative
- 1/4 cup cooking oil of choice (I use coconut oil)
- 1 egg beaten (since I was out of eggs I used egg replacer)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen will do)
- 1-5 drops lavender vitality oil
- Optional – heart-shaped silicone molds (if you want heart-shaped instead of regular muffins)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking oil or use muffin liners.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in another bowl, except for the blueberries.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Also check out this toddler approved fruit and veggie muffin recipe!