This post contains affiliate links.
I know there are a lot of LUSH lovers out there! Sadly, they make it seem as though their products are all natural, but that is not really the case. Some alarming ingredients include fragrances and dyes. But that doesn’t mean you can’t make your own! They are also much cheaper and they make unique gifts that your friends and family with love!!
What you need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 10-20 drops of essential oils (use more or less for desired scent)
- Silicone heart molds
- Combine the dry ingredients making sure there are no clumps.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate container.
- Slowly add in the wet mixture into the dry mixture while stirring. Stir until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Use your hands or a spoon and press the mixture into the heart molds.
- To make them extra fancy, add a dried flower or herb to the bottoms of the molds.
- Immediately take them out of the molds and place on a flat, dry surface to harden.
- Make sure you store them in a container or bag that has some breathe to it. If not, the bath bombs with get moist and sweat and/or burst open.
You might also like: Homemade Rose Water Toner