This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission that will go towards supporting All Natural & Good.
These easy homemade cinnamon rolls are to die for and they can be made dairy-free and vegan! I just LOVE cinnamon rolls! I mean, who doesn’t? One day I thought to make my own because…why not?
Homemade cinnamon rolls are actually pretty easy to make and this recipe has minimal ingredients. There are vegan substitutions also. This recipe has minimal sugar, great cinnamon flavor, and is just right!
Oh, and then there’s the orange glaze you can add on top…yum!
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
1 cup milk (or your favorite dairy alternative)
1/2 cup butter (use vegan butter to make it vegan)
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
Cinnamon (to taste)
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar, divided (or vegan sugar)
- Add the milk and 3 tablespoons of butter to a sauce pan and heat until melted and warm. If it gets too hot or boils, let it rest after to cool down to about 100 degrees. You can also microwave the milk and butter for quick heating. The mixture should be warm but not hot or it will kill the yeast.
- Add the contents to a mixing bowl (I used my Kitchen Aid stand mixer) and sprinkle the yeast on top. Let it ferment for 10 minutes.
- Then, add 1 tablespoon of sugar and the salt.
- Next, add the flour and mix it all up!
- Once it forms a nice, thick ball of dough, add it to a bowl coated with oil and cover with a towel. Put the towel-covered bowl in a warm place to rise for 1 hour. I put mine in the oven (NOT TURNED ON).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a thin rectangle. Brush the top with 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Then, top with the remaining sugar and cinnamon. I just sprinkled on enough cinnamon to coat it because I love cinnamon!
- Starting from one end, tightly roll up the dough with the seam side down.
- With a serrated knife, cut the dough into 1 1/2 – 2 inch sections (about 10 rolls total).
- Add to an 8×8 glass dish coated with oil or butter. Then, brush the remaining butter on top.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes!
Homemade Orange Glaze
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons orange juice
- Mix the confectioners’ sugar, butter, and vanilla together (I also did this in my stand mixer).
- Add the orange juice and mix until it makes a thick glaze.
- Spread over cooled cinnamon rolls! Yum!
You might also like my Copy Cat Krispy Kreme Donut Recipe!