Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili is my most favorite dinner recipe right now! Ever since I got the instant pot I have been making this easy and healthy vegetarian chili once a week! Even without meat, it is still super hearty and delicious!
What you need:
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
1 diced bell pepper
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper (I prefer white pepper)
1 small can diced green chilis
3 15(ish) ounces of beans, rinsed and drained (I like to use 1 can of black beans, 1 can of kidney beans and 1 can of pinto beans as a nice, tasty variety)
1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup beer (lager) or water if you don’t have beer handy
Optional for toppings – sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, chives or tortilla chips
1. Select saute on the instant pot.
2. Add the olive oil, minced garlic and bell pepper and saute for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the spices, salt and pepper and stir.
4. Add the remaining ingredients except toppings, secure the lid and select pressure cook for 3 minutes.
5. Once ready, use a quick release before removing the lid.
6. Top with your favorite toppings and serve hot 🙂