This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
Make your own infused oils as a healthy and fun way to add flavor to meals or create therapeutic massage oils.
I have bought infused oils before, but as always I thought to myself…why not make my own? It’s healthier, cheaper and fun! I think these will make great gifts this year too!
Make Your Own Infused Oils
- Empty bottles or mason jars
- Extra virgin olive oil (or other carrier oil if using for massages or other beauty products)
- Herbs of choice – ex. rosemary, mint, oregano, basil. etc. (freshly picked from your garden or purchased) and/or Therapeutic-grade essential oils – ex. rosemary, oregano, black pepper, lemon, basil, dill, sage, thyme, etc.
- Make sure your herbs are thoroughly washed and dried. If they are not completely dried, mold and other bacteria can form in your infused oils. I use my food dehydrator to dry my herbs.
- Add your herbs and/or essential oils to your empty bottles. For essential oils, I add 10-20 drops for every 8 ounces of carrier oil (depending on how strong you want the flavor). For herbs, add enough to fill to the top of the bottle.
- Fill the bottles with your olive oil and swirl.
- Swirl every day for 1 week then strain the herbs out with a cheese cloth or fine strainer.
- Bottle your infused oils and they are ready to be used in your home or be gifted for the holidays 🙂
Need other gift ideas? Here are 26 gifts in a jar!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.