The Uses For Epsom Salt
photo credit: doctoroz.com
I love epsom salt! And how awesome is it that there are so many uses for it? Epsom salt contains magnesium and sulfate. It can be used as a natural exfoliant, anti-inflammatory and to soothe sore muscles to name a few.
1. Bath Salts – Make your own bath salts or add 1 cup of epsom salt by itself to soothe sore muscles or as a foot soak.
3. Laxative – See directions on the package.
4. Bites & Burns – Dissolve 1 tablespoon with 1/2 cup of warm water and use on bug bites, sunburns or itchy skin.
5. Volumize Hair – Combine equal parts epsom salt and conditioner and apply to your hair. Leave on for 20 minutes then rinse. Repeat weekly.
6. Splinters & Stings – Reduce swelling and irritation by combining 2 tablespoons epsom salt with 1 cup of cold water. Soak a rag in the mixture and apply as a compress to the affected area.
7. Relax & Wind Down – Combine 1 cup with 10 drops of lavender essential oil in your bath to promote relaxation and restful sleep.
8. Athletes Foot & Toenail Fungus – Soak feet in 1 cup of epsom salt with hot water.
9. Sprains & Bruises – Soak in 2 cups with warm water in the bath.
10. Gout – Soak feet in a mixture of epsom salt and hot water for 30 minutes.