This post contains affiliate links.
I love epsom salt! And how awesome is it that there are so many uses for it? Epsom salt contains magnesium and sulfate. It can be used as a natural exfoliant, anti-inflammatory and to soothe sore muscles to name a few.
Here are 10 awesome uses for epsom salt:
- Bath Salts – Make your own bath salts or add 1 cup of epsom salt by itself to soothe sore muscles or as a foot soak.
- Body Scrub – Mix equal parts epsom salt and coconut oil and add 5-10 drops of essential oils as an exfoliating body scrub.
- Laxative – See directions on the package.
- Bites & Burns – Dissolve 1 tablespoon with 1/2 cup of warm water and use on bug bites, sunburns or itchy skin.
- Volumize Hair – Combine equal parts epsom salt and conditioner and apply to your hair. Leave on for 20 minutes then rinse. Repeat weekly.
- Splinters & Stings – Reduce swelling and irritation by combining 2 tablespoons epsom salt with 1 cup of cold water. Soak a rag in the mixture and apply as a compress to the affected area.
- Relax & Wind Down – Combine 1 cup with 10 drops of lavender essential oil in your bath to promote relaxation and restful sleep.
- Athletes Foot & Toenail Fungus – Soak feet in 1 cup of epsom salt with hot water.
- Sprains & Bruises – Soak in 2 cups with warm water in the bath.
- Gout – Soak feet in a mixture of epsom salt and hot water for 30 minutes.