This homemade all natural deodorant sure beats store-bought deodorants that may come with many health hazards. Save money and protect your health with this all natural deodorant that works great!
Here is what you need to make homemade all natural deodorant (makes 2):
- A mason jar (specifically for making deodorants- the leftover beeswax will stick to it)
- Used deodorant containers (you can buy new ones online if you prefer)
- 1/4 oz beeswax (I cut an ounce block into 4 pieces with a sharp knife)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 10 drops of therapeutic grade essential oil – I prefer tea tree, lavender or eucalyptus, but you can use whichever essential oils you want.
- Combine the baking soda, corn starch and coconut oil in the mason jar and stir.
- Add the eucalyptus oil and beeswax.
- Microwave the mason jar for approximately 2 minutes. It will be very hot so please handle with kitchen mittens.
- Swirl it around to make sure everything is mixed together evenly. It should be completely melted and hot.
- Pour the mixture into your deodorant containers.
- Let it cool and replace cap.
Also check out this homemade body butter recipe!