This post may contain affiliate links.
This homemade all natural deodorant sure beats store-bought deodorants that may come with many health hazards. Save money and protect your health with this all natural deodorant that works great!
Here is what you need to make homemade natural deodorant (makes 2):
- A mason jar (specifically for making deodorants- the leftover beeswax will stick to it)
- Deodorant containers
- 1/4 oz beeswax (pellets are best or else you will need to chop up a brick of beeswax)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup baking soda or substitute for arrowroot powder if you are sensitive to baking soda
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 10 drops essential oil – I prefer tea tree, lavender or eucalyptus, but you can use whichever essential oils you want.
- Combine the baking soda (or arrowroot powder), corn starch and melted coconut oil in the mason jar and stir.
- Add the essential oils (if you are using them) and beeswax.
- Microwave the mason jar for approximately 2 minutes. It will be very hot so please handle with kitchen mitts.
- Swirl it around to make sure everything is mixed together evenly. It should be completely melted and hot. You can also stir with a disposable stick to make sure it is well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into your deodorant containers.
- Let it cool and replace cap. For quick cooling, place in the refrigerator for an hour.
Also check out this homemade body butter recipe!