This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission that will go towards supporting All Natural & Good.
Do you know what’s lurking in your laundry detergents, fabric softeners and sprays? Unfortunately, probably a ton of chemicals and fragrances. These natural laundry tips and tricks are the perfect alternate to chemical-containing laundry products.
Here are some natural laundry tips and tricks:
- Make your own Homemade Laundry Detergent
- Make some DIY Spot and Stain Remover Spray
- Get fresh smelling laundry by adding essential oils to your laundry soap or dropping a few drops on a washcloth and throwing it in with your load. Good essential oils to use include: Purification (helps to deodorize tough smells), Joy (uplifting smell), Citrus Fresh (gives your clothes a fresh smell), Lavender, and honestly any oil that you simply like the smell of!
- You can also use Thieves household cleaner (a Young Living product) as a laundry soap. Some people completely substitute it with their laundry soap while some add a capful in with their additional laundry soap.
- Linen Spray – 6 oz of distilled water and about 20 drops of your favorite essential oil. Mix together in a 6 oz spray bottle, shake well before each use, and spray on linens or clothing. DON’T use dark oils on light linens! I like to use Lemon.
- Fabric Softener – Fill your fabric softener compartment with ½ distilled white vinegar to help soften clothes.