8 Uses For Coconut Oil In Your Hair
Coconut oil is full of amazing vitamins, minerals and lauric acid. Here are 8 ways you can transform your hair with coconut oil:
1. Deep Conditioning- Apply a tablespoon or so (depending on hair thickness and length) to your hair from root to tip. You want your hair to be well saturated. Leave it in your hair for 20-30 minutes then wash your hair like normal. For an even better deep conditioning treatment, leave the coconut oil on all night and wash out in the morning. Try this at least once a month or as needed.
*Add a few drops of 100% pure therapeutic grade lavender or rosemary essential oil for extra benefits.
I love the tingling sensation of the rosemary essential oil on my scalp. It makes my scalp feel amazing and helps with my dry hair and dandruff. I love the lavender essential oils for volume and thickness. It has helped my hair grow since I suffered hair loss after having a baby.
2. Split Ends- Apply a generous amount of coconut oil to the ends of your hair. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes then wash your hair like normal. You can also apply a small amount when your hair is dry.
3. Styling/Frizz- Apply to hair before or after styling to keep hairstyle intact and to help get rid of frizz and flyaways.
4. Hair Damage- Use as a conditioning treatment to help make your hair soft, shiny and feeling healthy again.
5. Dandruff/Dry Scalp- Saturate your scalp with coconut oil for at least 20-30 minutes then wash it out.
6. Hair Loss- Using coconut oil in your hair may help with hair loss.
7. Hair Toning- Mix coconut oil with a few drops of lavender essential oil and apply to hair. Leave in overnight and wash out in the morning.
8. Lice- Saturate your scalp and hair with coconut oil and tea tree essential oil. Use a comb to brush it through your hair to remove the lice.
I personally use and recommend Nutiva Certified Organic Coconut Oil. It lasts forever and has so many uses!
Also check out: Every Day Uses For Coconut Oil