This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
These DIY lavender makeup remover pads are the perfect alternative to store-bought makeup removers.
Have you checked the score of your makeup remover on EWG.org? Surprisingly, most makeup removers out there contain chemicals, preservatives and other irritants that we probably shouldn’t be using around sensitive areas like our eyes. By making your own makeup remover pads, you won’t have to question the ingredients.
Here is a great recipe for DIY lavender makeup remover pads that are gentle on the skin and eyes:
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 2 tablespoons filtered or distilled water
- 10 cotton rounds
- 4 ounce mason jar
- Add ingredients to mason jar and shake.
- Add the cotton rounds to the jar and store with the lid on tight. Use these homemade makeup remover pads to remove makeup as needed.
I’ve tried this makeup remover with waterproof makeup and it works great! I love that my skin doesn’t burn and my skin actually feels hydrated and refreshed when I take my makeup off. Also check out my homemade eyeliner.
Have you also tried adding lavender to your mascara? Word has it people love it!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.