This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
This homemade natural fruit and veggie produce wash is perfect for cleaning your produce at home. I like to buy organic produce when I can, but at the same time it can get really expensive! Either way, I am careful about washing my fruits and veggies.
If you cannot avoid the EWG dirty dozen fruits and vegetables, make sure you use this wash to help eliminate some pesticides and other toxins. This produce wash should also be used for organic produce, as you never know when it could have bacteria lingering such as e-coli.
I also find this produce wash to make my fruits and veggies taste more fresh and last longer without wilting or going rancid. When I am done soaking my produce, I use the wash in the garden to water plants or spray down surfaces like patio furniture or windows.
Even better, certain bugs do not like certain essential oils, so I like giving my garden a fresh watering with some essential oils for natural pest control.
This cleaner can be made into a washing spray or as a soaking cleaner.
For DIY produce wash spray you will need:
- A reusable glass spray bottle
- Distilled or previously boiled water (sterile)
- Essential oils – lemon, lime, thieves or purification are great!
- Add a few drops of essential oils to the spray bottle then top off with water.
- Spray on fruits and veggies to give them a quick wash.
To make a homemade produce cleaner soak you will need:
- Add a few drops off essential oils to a clean and dry soaking bowl or basin.
- Add water and soak produce for a few minutes.
I hope this makes buying produce less stressful knowing you can wash it off at home. How do you keep your produce clean and fresh? What are your favorite essential oils to use in your produce wash?
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.