This post contains affiliate links.
This homemade tomato basil soup is seriously amazing! It’s easy to make and the leftovers can be frozen so you can have a quick and easy meal ready when you need it.
To make homemade tomato basil soup you will need:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (I use yellow onion)
- 3 cloves garlic (I add extra garlic to mine (6 cloves), yum)
- 56 ounces canned tomatoes
- 6 cups broth (I use chicken, but you can also use beef or veggie)
- Basil (I used 10 fresh basil leaves, but you can use dried also)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Saute the diced onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until lightly browned.
- In a blender, blend the canned tomatoes, onion and garlic mixture and basil.
- Combine the blended ingredients with broth and thyme in a pot. Bring to a boil then simmer (covered) for 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!
Also check out this pumpkin soup recipe!