This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
This homemade tomato basil soup is seriously amazing! It’s easy to make and the leftovers can be frozen so you can have a quick and easy meal ready when you need it.
To make homemade tomato basil soup you will need:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (I use yellow onion)
- 3 cloves garlic (I add extra garlic to mine (6 cloves), yum)
- 56 ounces canned tomatoes
- 6 cups broth (I use chicken, but you can also use beef or veggie)
- Basil (I used 10 fresh basil leaves, but you can use dried also)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Saute the diced onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until lightly browned.
- In a blender, blend the canned tomatoes, onion and garlic mixture and basil.
- Combine the blended ingredients with broth and thyme in a pot. Bring to a boil then simmer (covered) for 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!
Also check out this pumpkin soup recipe!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.