photo credit: youngliving.com
To make homemade pumpkin soup you will need:
- 1 pumpkin
- Coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon blue agave
- 2 small shallots (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 drops Black Pepper Vitality oil*
- 2 drops Thyme Vitality oil*
- 2 drops Clove Vitality oil*
*These oils are intended for dietary use. Not all essential oils are considered safe to consume internally.
- Preheat oven to 400º F then coat pumpkin in coconut oil on a baking sheet.
- On the lowest rack, roast the pumpkin for 1 hour.
- Remove and let it cool then cut in half horizontally.
- Remove the seeds. These can be used later as a garnish if desired.
- In a food processor or mixer, puree the pumpkin meat with 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Next, combine the shallots and olive oil in a large pot and sauté over medium heat.
- When the shallots become golden brown, add the pumpkin puree, the rest of the chicken broth, coconut milk, cayenne and blue agave.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Before serving, add your Vitality oils and stir.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Roast and use as a garnish.
Here is another great soup recipe: Homemade Tomato Basil Soup