This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
This UUNI Hawaiian pizza recipe is simply the best! We use our Uuni 3 Portable Wood Pizza Oven, which is one of the greatest inventions in the wood-fired pizza realm! With UUNI you can make simple, delicious woodfired pizza in your backyard within minutes!
We love making homemade pizza from scratch using simple ingredients. The following is our own version of the Hawaiian pizza UUNI style.
Please note: I am not a chef, I am not a professional pizza maker and I do not own a pizza restaurant. What I do love is making pizza and I feel like the OONI pizza ovens make it easy for our family to do that.
I love the pizzas that come out of my OONI pizza ovens. I use the OONI accessories as recommended by OONI.
UUNI Pizza Dough: check out our recipe here
- One package of Canadian Bacon: We found ours at Trader Joe’s for only a few dollars!
- Diced canned pineapple (fresh is best if you have it at your grocery store)
- Any tomato-based sauce (use anything really, leftover pasta sauce, watered down tomato paste or tomato sauce, etc)
- Mozzarella cheese
Instructions for Cooking a Pizza in an UUNI 3
- Roll out pizza dough as thin as possible. For the UUNI pizza oven, remember “Thin to Win”. This will ensure that the pizza dough cooks evenly along with your ingredients. The last thing you want is doughy pizza. You want a nice consistent crust. It doesn’t have to be as thin as a cracker but try to get it as thin as possible.
- Place a generous amount of flour (or cornmeal if you have it) on your pizza peel. This ensures that your pizza will slide off onto the pizza stone. You don’t want to have your pizza dough stick to the peel or it could ruin the pizza.
- Place the thinly rolled out dough on the floured pizza peel. Top with a spoonful or two of sauce, and spread thin on surface of the dough. Remember to go easy on the sauce. The more sauce, the less cooked your dough will be on the surface.
- Place all the toppings however you want it. Throw on some clumps of mozzarella. Then, put down some pineapple. Next, frisbee on some Canadian bacon. If you are planning on making several pizzas and you’re worried about not having enough ingredients, just dice everything and use it sparingly. A little will go a long way!
- Make sure your UUNI 3 Pizza Oven is blazing hot, reading above 600 degrees. Transfer the pizza into the hot oven and on top of the pizza stone, and close the lid. Let it cook for a quick minute. Looking at the chimney, you should see white to grey colored smoke. This means it’s cooking well. If you start to see black smoke, open the oven lid immediately and pull the pizza out to make sure nothing is burning.
- After about a minute of cooking, pull the pizza out and turn it 180 degrees to cook the other side. If you get good using the pizza peel, you may be able to turn it while the pizza is sitting on top of the pizza stone.
- You’ll know when the pizza is done. The cheese will be slightly browned. The outer pizza crust will be mildly blackened. The Canadian bacon will be sizzling. Your mouth will be watering.
If you are interested in learning more about the UUNI 3, check out our article about HOW TO USE THE UUNI 3 PIZZA OVEN.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.