UUNI Pizza Dough Recipe
For wood-fired pizza, especially with the Uuni 3 Portable Wood Pizza Oven, you are going to need a special pizza dough recipe. You wouldn’t want to use just any pizza dough recipe since this is going to have to go into a high heat oven. The trick to woodfired pizza is a high gluten flour.
UUNI Pizza Dough Recipe: Makes about seven to eight personal sized pizzas.
- 4 cups high gluten flour: Antimo Caputo Pizzeria Flour
- 1 1/3 cup room temperature tap water
- 1 packet Rapid Rise Yeast: Fleishmann’s RapidRise Yeast]
- 1 tsp sugar
UUNI PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE DIRECTIONS:
- Empty yeast packet into warm tap water. Place sugar in water. Gently whisk with a spoon (or your finger). Let proof for 5 minutes. You know the mixture has proofed when it starts to froth at the surface.
- In a medium sized bowl place flour. Create a fontana (a volcano-like hole in the center of the flour). Pour proofed yeast mixture into the hole of the fontana. Gently circle your finger around the rim of the fontana, mixing slightly more and more flour into the water mixture. Eventually, all the flour should be mixed into the center until you have a ball of dough. If it’s slightly wet add just a dusting of a little flour until it isn’t so sticky. If the ball of dough is a little dry, add a little bit of warm water to keep it just moist.
- Line a larger bowl with a bit of olive oil, and place dough ball inside. Drizzle olive oil on top of the dough ball and then cover with a damp kitchen cloth. Let it rise until the dough has doubled in size.
For cooking instructions, please proceed to the next step with our UUNI PIZZA RECIPE!