This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
There are many benefits to using an exercise ball during pregnancy, labor and even postpartum. I used an exercise ball for each of my pregnancies. I would use it instead of a chair or sitting on the couch. It relieved pressure from my back, helped me practice good posture and relieved so many aches and pains.
I also attribute the exercise ball in helping me dilate and thin out when my due date was approaching and induction was being considered. Using an exercise ball during pregnancy really saved me. It also took me several months afterwards before I wanted to put it away.
I loved sitting on my exercise ball when my perineum was healing from a second degree tear when sitting on a hard surface would be really painful.
The benefits of using an exercise ball during pregnancy:
- Improves posture
- Relieves back pain and discomfort
- Improves balance
- Helps baby descend into the pelvis to prepare for labor
- Relieves pregnancy pains
- Opens up the hips and pelvis
- Shorten labor and reduce labor pains
- Help the perineum area heal
- To sit on while breastfeeding without hurting your back
How to use the exercise ball during pregnancy:
- To sit on – sit on your ball instead of a chair or couch
- Rock back and fourth with your hips
- Lightly bounce up and down
You might also enjoy:
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.