This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission that will go towards supporting All Natural & Good.
I love these DIY citronella floating candle bowls for the outdoors! They remind me of my homemade potpourri recipe except with a floating candle. These are perfect for those summer bbqs, lounging by the pool or for a quiet candle-lit dinner on the patio.
What you need to make DIY citronella floating candle bowls:
- A glass bowl
- Various herbs/fruit/flowers of your choice – I used fresh rosemary and rose petals from my garden, cinnamon sticks, and citrus peels
- 20 drops citronella essential oil
- 10 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- Unscented non-toxic floating candles
- Cut herbs/fruit/flowers into 2 inch pieces. Cinnamon sticks should be fine whole. Add the the bowl.
- Combine the witch hazel and essential oils and add to the bowl.
- Top off with water and a floating candle and enjoy 🙂
Learn how to replace your toxic candles with natural alternatives here.