This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
Homemade burrito bowls are a cheap, healthy and easy to make meal. I was even shocked to find my toddlers like them (with everything separated of course) haha! There are so many variations of burrito bowls from vegetarian to adding your favorite meat.
The toppings are endless! We love serving this up family style so everyone can create their own burrito bowl. Sometimes I am surprised by what toppings my kids pick out. Not the mention, it is a relatively healthy and hearty meal with so many food groups.
You can even roll it all up in a tortilla to make a burrito or tacos. Throw the leftovers over a bed of lettuce as a taco salad. This is really four meals in one!
Homemade Burrito Bowls
- Beans – I used organic canned black beans.
- Chicken, pork, beef, or make it vegetarian with extra beans.
- Organic corn
- Diced zucchini
- Homemade burrito bowl toppings – avocado, black olives, shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, green onion, jalapeño, cilantro or tortilla chips.
- Make the rice using an Instant Pot
- Drain, rinse the beans then heat in a pot on the stovetop.
- Add the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add whatever toppings you want.
- I sautéed some diced zucchini then added frozen organic corn.
- I topped off my burrito bowl with some fresh sliced avocado, black olives, shredded cheese and sour cream!
Make it fun with a “make your own” burrito bowl night for your family!
Here’s another post you might like: Homemade Sushi
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.