Homemade Fireball cinnamon whiskey is an awesome DIY project. I especially love drinking Fireball during the holidays or for social gatherings and parties. This recipe uses only natural ingredients, no corn syrup, dyes or additives.
Homemade Fireball cinnamon whiskey is so good! Not to mention, it is also so much cheaper than buying regular Fireball. I love the rich, natural cinnamon flavor of homemade Fireball! The best thing about this recipe is that it uses mostly organic ingredients, so you don’t have to feel so guilty for enjoying it!
What you need:
- 1 bottle of whiskey (1.75L) – I used inexpensive blended Canadian whiskey
- 8-10 Organic Cinnamon Sticks
- 200 ml (approx 6.5 ounces) homemade simple syrup – boil equal parts Organic Cane Sugar and water until sugar is dissolved, let cool
- Cheese Cloth for straining
- Combine the cinnamon sticks and whiskey in a tightly closed container. I used a Half Gallon Size Ball Mason Jar and it fit perfectly!
- Let the cinnamon sticks sit in the whiskey for about 4-5 days, swishing it around daily with the jar closed.
- On the 4th day, I opened the jar and noticed the strong cinnamon scent and gave it a try. It was perfect! Let the cinnamon sticks sit in there for as long as you want and when you get the desired level of cinnamon flavor.
- Strain the mixture into another container to get the cinnamon sticks and any debris out of the whiskey.
- Lastly, combine the simple syrup if you decide to sweeten yours.
- Now it’s ready to bottle!
Create the perfect gift or always have cinnamon whiskey on tap by customizing a whiskey barrel for storing your homemade cinnamon whiskey!
Try out this homemade Fireball Old Fashioned cocktail recipe to make your homemade Fireball into a crowd-pleasing cocktail for your holiday party.
Learn how to brew Ginger Beer so you can then make a Fiery Mule cocktail and impress all your friends with your sophisticated libations!
Looking for another delicious recipe? Try making this refreshing Homemade Authentic Limoncello!