This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
This cheap homemade laundry soap is not only all natural, but it will only cost you about 3.5 cents per load! Who says all natural laundry soap has to cost more than the cheap kind? Not in this case!
Even the cheaper laundry detergents will cost you upwards of 12 cents per load and they contain so many chemicals. Want an all natural laundry detergent without breaking the bank? Find the recipe below. It is also HE friendly!
Cheap Homemade Laundry Soap That Costs Only 3.5 Cents Per Load
Here’s what you will need:
- A mixing bowl
- A cheese grater (fine)
- 2 bars of soap (I use Dr. Bronner’s pure castile bar soap)
- 4 cups of Borax (I buy it in bulk and use it for many things)
- 4 cups of baking soda
- Grate the bars of soap
- Add in the Borax and baking soda and mix together and add to a container.
- Add essential oils – great choices are lavender, citrus fresh, purification and joy.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons per load or more for large or heavily soiled loads.
I also add vinegar to the fabric softener compartment in my washer as a cheap and easy fabric softener. Try it, it really works!!
Check out my natural laundry tips and tricks here!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.