This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
This homemade chest rub is perfect for little ones and adults alike. This beats buying chest rubs with synthetic ingredients or scents. Made with real essential oils and natural ingredients, this chest rub is perfect for supporting the immune system during cold and flu season.
Here is how to make homemade all natural chest rub:
What you need:
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons Beeswax
- 30-60 drops of Essential Oils (less for children)
- A 4 ounce Mason Jar
- Some great choices for essential oils include any or all of the following (check out our post about essential oils for children to learn which oils are safest):
I used a combination of all of the above oils, with mostly eucalyptus, peppermint and tea tree.
- Melt coconut oil and beeswax together in a mason jar. You can melt it in the microwave or by placing the mason jar in a hot pot of water. Stir.
- Add the essential oils, stir and store in a mason jar or container.
- Use a dab as needed rubbed onto the chest, neck, back or bottoms of the feet. I also like to rub a little bit on the upper lip.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.