This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
Thieves essential oil is a blend of powerhouse oils that benefit the immune system and used for natural household cleaning. Young Living Thieves oil is my favorite oil for the ickiness of three young kids, with two in preschool.
Why Is It Called Thieves?
Thieves was created based on four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics who managed to avoid the plague with this blend.
Today’s Version Of Thieves
Inspired by this ancient legend, Young Living created a proprietary blend of clove, cinnamon bark, rosemary, lemon and eucalyptus radiata essential oils called Thieves. This essential oil blend is one of their best selling oils and also one of my must haves!
It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and has powerful cleansing properties (which would explain why Young Living has an entire line of Thieves-infused products – from oral care to household cleaner and hand purifier).
Uses For Thieves
Thieves supports healthy immune function and can be diffused, applied topically, ingested or used in many homemade recipes. Here are some amazing benefits of Thieves essential oil:
- May contribute to overall wellness when taken as a dietary supplement.
- Eucalyptus radiata may help maintain a healthy respiratory system.
- In homemade household cleaners and DIY Thieves Spray!
- In homemade Hand Purifier.
- In my homemade DIY Gum & Mouth Oil.
- Lemon, eucalyptus radiata and rosemary contain the naturally occurring constituent, limonene.
- Clove and cinnamon contain the naturally occurring constituent eugenol.
- Eucalyptus radiata and rosemary contain the naturally occurring constituent eucalyptol.
- Added to food or beverages to enhance flavor and as a part of a wellness regimen.
Also check out these awesome uses for thieves household cleaner!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.