This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
Reflexology with essential oils is a great way to benefit from a foot massage. One of the best ways to benefit from essential oils is by applying them topically to the bottoms of your feet.
Reflexology With Essential Oils Can:
- Support body systems (immune system, digestive system, endocrine system, etc.)
- Support the body’s natural defenses
- Support a normal mood
- Boost stamina and energy
- Promote relaxation
- Help manage normal stresses we experience in life
- Support mental clarity
- Promote overall health and wellness
Essential oils are rapidly absorbed by the skin, which is not surprising considering the skin is the largest organ of the body. You can apply essential oils neat or diluted, depending on the oil and the user (for example, dilute for infants and children – check out our Essential Oils For Babies post for more information on dilution for infants and children).
Neat implies you are directly applying the oil on your skin, while diluted means you are mixing the essential oil with a carrier oil such as coconut oil.
Applying essential oils to your feet is a great way to absorb the oils into your body. With over 2,000 pores in each foot, they have some of the largest pores on your body. They can be applied using Young Living’s Vita-Flex foot chart (image shown above) to support a particular body system.
When applied topically, it takes only 2-3 minutes for an oil to reach the bloodstream, 20 minutes to affect every cell in the body, and 2 ½ hours to fully metabolize. Wow! Incredible right?!?
Support Body Systems With Essential Oils:
1. Lavender Essential Oil: Promotes calmness and relaxation. Supports a healthy nervous system and healthy skin. Complements body and skin care products.
2. Peppermint Essential Oil: Supports gastrointestinal system comfort, promotes healthy bowel function, enhances healthy gut function and supports the digestive system.
3. Lemon Essential Oil: Supports a healthy digestive and immune system. Enhances flavors of food and water.
4. Frankincense Esssential Oil: Highly regarding since ancient times, it is rejuvenating and supports healthy, aging skin and normal mood. It is grounding and supports inner balance. It calms and soothes the body and mind.
5. Copaiba Essential Oil: Promotes calmness and wellness, can be used as a daily health regimen. Supports healthy digestion, immune health, the body’s natural response to injury or irritation.
6. PanAway Essential Oil (a blend of wintergreen, helichrysum, clove and peppermint essential oils): Supports a healthy muscular-skeletal system. Soothing and stimulating.
7. Thieves Essential Oil (a blend of clove, cinnamon bark, lemon, eucalyptus radiata and rosemary essential oils): Supports the immune system. Great for cleaning or in a DIY Thieves Spray.
8. Purification Essential Oil (a blend of citronella, lemongrass, lavandin, rosemary, tea tree and myrtle essential oils): Freshens air, eliminates odors and deodorize carpets. Promotes healthy looking skin.
9. Digize Essential Oil (a blend of tarragon, ginger, peppermint, juniper, fennel, lemongrass, anise and patchouli essential oils): Supports digestion and wellness.
10. R.C. Essential Oil (a blend of cypress, spruce and 3 eucalyptus essential oils): Supports the respiratory system.
11. Stress Away Essential Oil (a blend of copaiba, lime, cedar wood, vanilla, ocotea and lavender essential oils): Combats normal everyday stresses. Promotes calmness and relaxation.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.