This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclaimer policy.
Coconut oil is considered the best oil in the entire world! It has been used since ancient times for healing, health and medicinal purposes. Here are some every day uses for coconut oil that you can utilize around your house and with your family. You will also find some pretty cool and interesting uses you may have never heard of before.
From cooking to beauty, coconut oil is versatile truly amazing. There are ways to use it every day, being an all-in-one products that can replace many things you may be buying already.
Coconut oil also tastes so good and there are unrefined versions available without the coconut flavor.
Here are some every day uses for coconut oil:
Cooking With Coconut Oil
- Substitute your cooking oil with coconut oil
- Add a tablespoon to smoothies, tea or coffee
- Substitute for butter
Body Care Uses For Coconut Oil
- Use as a shaving lotion or aftershave
- Makeup remover
- Skin moisturizer
- Tanning oil
- For sunburn
- Lip balm
- Deep conditioning treatment for your hair (saturate hair with coconut oil and let it sit for 20 minutes, then wash out in the shower)
- Rub a little bit on your hands and run through your hair to help defrizz and split ends
- Rub onto cuticles to support normal nail growth
Health Care Uses For Coconut Oil
- Mix with apple cider vinegar to remove lice
- Use as an ointment for wounds
- Soothe itching from bug bites, chicken pox and poison ivy
- Rub onto joints and muscles to help alleviate minor aches and pains
- To support ear health
- For cold sores
What are your favorite uses for coconut oil? Please share in the comments below. I’d love to share ideas with one another!
Also check out:
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.